This year has really flown by! Because we can get mired down in all the details of emails, deadlines, and projects, going into the New Year is a great time to think about what you have accomplished in 2018 and what you want to focus on in 2019.
Perhaps you think there is no time to reflect on what was done; only think about what needs to be done now. The strength of reflection is to learn what you did well and be proud of that, and identify what you could have done better and how you might do things differently.
So, I am asking you to take some time and answer the questions below.
- What are 10 things I am most proud of accomplishing this year?
- What motivates me?
- What learning’s can I apply to make work easier?
- What would I do differently?
- What problems or issues am I tired of having?
- What actions do I need to do to fix them?
- How can I do more of the things I enjoy doing and less of what I do not enjoy?
Charting a course for 2019, please take some time to think about:
- When I look back on 2019 next December, what would I want to have accomplished and experienced?
- What do I want to focus on in the first quarter of 2019?
- How will I remain on course for 2019?